in the Fairbanks North Star Borough - FNSB
- Current Population
- Population Comment
- 2013 Department of Labor Estimate
- Pronunciation/Other Names
- (eye' ull sun)
- Community's Judicial District
Geography and Climate
- Eielson Air Force Base is 26 miles south of Fairbanks, off of the Richardson Highway, near the City of North Pole. It lies east of the Tanana River.
- Interior Alaska experiences seasonal temperature extremes. Average January temperatures range from -19 to -2 °F; average July temperatures range from 49 to 71 °F. Annual precipitation averages 11.5 inches, with 67.8 inches of snowfall.
- Community Map Available
- Sq Mi Land
- Sq Mi Water
History and Culture
- This site was developed as a military base.
- Most Air Force members and their families actually live on the base. Some have chosen to live in nearby North Pole. The base is self-contained and is essentially non-Native.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
Facilities, Utilities, and Health Care
- The base has an airstrip for military craft. The airstrip is 14,530' long by 150' wide. Nearby Fairbanks offers jet service and railroad connections. The Richardson Highway connects the base to the statewide road system.
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection
- Community's Senate District
- Community's House District