in the Fairbanks North Star Borough - FNSB
- Current Population
- Population Comment
- 2013 Department of Labor Estimate
- Pronunciation/Other Names
- (ess tur)
- Community's Judicial District
Geography and Climate
- Ester is located 8.5 miles west of Fairbanks on the George Parks Highway.
- Interior Alaska experiences seasonal temperature extremes. Average January temperatures range from -19 to -2 °F; average July temperatures range from 49 to 71 °F. Annual precipitation averages 11.5 inches, with 67.8 inches of snowfall.
- Community Map Available
- Sq Mi Land
- Sq Mi Water
History and Culture
- It was originally a mining camp established prior to 1905 near Ester Creek. It was first reported in 1908 by the U.S. Geological Survey. Ester Gold Camp was established in 1936. The community has grown as a result of borough land lotteries.
- Ester residents have an active community association and volunteer fire department.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
Facilities, Utilities, and Health Care
- Ester has access to the statewide highway system and to all Fairbanks transportation facilities.
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection
- Community's Senate District
- Community's House District