in the Southeast Fairbanks Census Area
- Current Population
- Population Comment
- 2013 Department of Labor Estimate
- Pronunciation/Other Names
Geography and Climate
- Alcan is located just inside the Alaska border, southeast of Northway along the Alaska-Canadian highway.
- Alcan Border is in the continental climatic zone and the area experiences cold winters and warm summers. Average temperatures range from -27 to 69 °F.
- Community Map Available
- Sq Mi Land
- Sq Mi Water
History and Culture
- The name is derived from the Alaska-Canadian (Alcan) Highway.
- The Alcan community consists of families employed by federal customs at the entry point into the U.S. and Alaska from Canada. Students attend school in Northway or are home-schooled through correspondence study.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
Facilities, Utilities, and Health Care
- The Alcan Highway connects through Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada, to the lower 48 states or through Tok to Fairbanks and Anchorage.
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection
- Community's Senate District
- Community's House District