in the Kenai Peninsula Borough
- Current Population
- Population Comment
- 2013 Department of Labor Estimate
- Community's Judicial District
- Recording District
Geography and Climate
- Sunrise is located 7 miles southeast of Hope, at the mouth of Sixmile Creek, on the south shore of the Turnagain Arm of Cook Inlet. The community lies on the Hope Highway, northwest of the Seward Highway in the Kenai Peninsula Borough.
- Winter temperatures range from 14 to 27 °F; summer temperatures vary from 45 to 65 °F. Average annual precipitation is 20 inches.
- Community Map Available
- Sq Mi Land
- Sq Mi Water
History and Culture
- "Sunrise City" was a mining town, founded around 1895. A post office was established here in 1899 but was discontinued in 1918.
- Most homes in Sunrise are used seasonally.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
Facilities, Utilities, and Health Care
- Sunrise has access to Alaska's road system via the Seward highway. A gravel airstrip is available nearby at Hope.
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection
- Community's Senate District
- Community's House District