in the Haines Borough
- Current Population
- Population Comment
- 2013 Department of Labor Estimate
- Pronunciation/Other Names
- Community's Judicial District
Geography and Climate
- Excursion Inlet is located in the Haines Borough, on the west coast of Lynn Canal, 38 miles northwest of Juneau.
- The area has a maritime climate characterized by cool summers and mild winters. Average summer temperatures range from 46 to 76 °F; winter temperatures range from 13 to 36 °F.
- Community Map Available
- Sq Mi Land
- Sq Mi Water
History and Culture
- The community was first settled as a cannery at the mouth of Excursion Inlet. The name was first reported in the 1943 USC&GS Coast Pilot. During World War II, Excursion Inlet became a resupply point for the Aleutian campaign.
- A number of the residents are retired.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
Facilities, Utilities, and Health Care
- The area is not accessible by road. A public seaplane base is available.
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection
- Community's Senate District
- Community's House District