in the Hoonah-Angoon Census Area
- Area Type
- Current Population
- Population Comment
- 2013 Department of Labor Estimate
- Pronunciation/Other Names
- Community's Judicial District
- Census Designated Place (CDP)
- Borough/Census Area FIPS Code
- Place FIPS
Geography and Climate
- Game Creek is on Chichagof Island in Southeast Alaska, 2.6 miles southwest of Hoonah.
- The area's maritime climate is characterized by cool summers and mild winters. Summer temperatures range from 52 to 63 °F and winter temperatures from 26 to 39 °F.
- Community Map Available
- Sq Mi Land
- Sq Mi Water
History and Culture
- Game Creek was named in 1901 by E.F. Dickins of the U.S. Coast & Geodetic Survey. Aside from the historical use of the area by local Tlingits, the site was first settled by members of a separatist religious group called "The Farm." Members of the Mount Bether Bible Center collectively pool individual assets and income for the good of the community.
- Residents are members of a religious ministry.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
Facilities, Utilities, and Health Care
- Nearby Hoonah provides an airport, ferry landing, seaplane dock, and harbor. Game Creek is 8.9 miles by road from Hoonah.
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection
- Community's Senate District
- Community's House District