Skip to content
Back to Top


HOW TO: Change Officials on an Entity's Record

The statutorily required officials for an entity will depend upon the entity type.

For more information go to Corporations Statutes and Regulations

Note: failure to maintain current officials’ information on record with this division may impact the business needs of an entity.

  1. Search Corporations Database for the Entity's Details.
  2. Review the Entity's Details for the following information:
    1. When is the next Biennial Report due date?
    2. Who are the current officials on record?
    3. Is the Registered Agent information (name and addresses) complete and current?
  3. If the Biennial Report is due or coming due within the next three months then:
    1. If filing hardcopy, print and submit via fax or U.S. Mail along with appropriate filing fees.
    2. Standard processing time from March-September is approximately 10-15 business days. During heavy filing seasons, October – February, the processing time will be delayed. All filings are reviewed in the date order they are received.
    3. For more information about biennial reports go to Biennial Report FAQs.
  4. If the entity is in-between Biennial Reporting cycles:
    Then submit, hardcopy via fax or U.S. Mail, a Notice of Change of Officials, along with its $25 filing fee. Select the appropriate Notice of Change based on entity type. Click Here: OFFICIALS – NOTICE OF CHANGE FORMS
  5. If the Registered Agent information is incomplete:
    Then submit, hardcopy via fax or U.S. Mail, a Statement of Change, along with its $25 filing fee. Select the appropriate Statement of Change based on entity type. Click Here: REGISTERED AGENT - STATEMENT OF CHANGE FORMS
    1. For more information about registered agent requirements and qualifications go to Registered Agent FAQs This Division does not provide legal advice. The information contained within these webpages is provided for your convenience and is not to be interpreted as legal advice. It is your responsibility to know what your registering, reporting and filing requirements are based on your specific business activities. Not knowing what is expected of you may not preclude you from the legal obligation to meet these requirements and compliance with the law. You are encouraged to seek the advice of a professional, such as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Attorney if you need additional assistance.

Contact Us

When contacting this office, please direct your questions to the appropriate Section: Corporations, Professional Licensing, or Business Licensing. Each Section specializes in its own requirements per Alaska statutes and regulations.

Professional Licensing Section
Email: License@Alaska.Gov

Corporations Section
Email: Corporations@Alaska.Gov

Business Licensing Section
Email: BusinessLicense@Alaska.Gov