Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (AOGCC)
In the light of the COVID‑19 surge that has overwhelmed Alaska’s hospitals, the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (AOGCC) is reducing in‑person public services and limiting personal interaction to help reduce the risk of transmission.
- AOGCC offices will remain open for business from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday (except state holidays).
- Employees are available by phone, virtual meetings, and if needed, in‑person meetings by appointment.
- Public hearings and public meetings will be held virtually via MS Teams. For more information, click on the AOGCC Events webpage.
- To receive public hearing announcements, AOGCC decisions, and orders, we encourage you to sign up to our electronic mailing list by following the steps provided in this link.
In addition, the AOGCC website provides a wealth of online resources including user friendly forms for applying for permits, bonds, sundry approvals, or submitting reports and other requests.
If you need assistance navigating our website or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by email email@example.com or by phone (907) 279-1433 between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The AOGCC is recruiting for an Administrative Assistant position. For more information and to apply, visit Workplace Alaska job posting:
Administrative Assistant 1 (PCN 08-0105)
Notice of Proposed Regulation Amendments
The Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (AOGCC) proposes, in Docket R-21-001, to adopt regulation changes in Title 20 of the Alaska Administrative Code dealing with drilling, wells, inspections, and definitions.
- Forms 10-402A, 10-403, 10-404, 10-405, 10-406, and 10-422 are updated and must be used beginning November 1, 2021.
Public Hearing Guidelines
Applicant's instructions for Public Hearings
Proposed Repeal of Regulations
The Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (AOGCC) has repealed outdated, unnecessary, or duplicative provisions of 20, AAC 25.005(c)(3), 20 AAC 25.035(a), 20 AAC 25.037, 20 AAC 25.047, 20 AAC 25.225, 20 AAC 25.245, 20 AAC 25.320, 20 AAC 25.260, 20 AAC 25.527(a) and 20 AAC 25.528.
The Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (AOGCC) proposes to repeal regulation changes in 20 AAC 25. of the Alaska Administrative Code. The Commission proposes to repeal 20 AAC 25.037 well control requirements for other drilling and completion operations; 20 AAC 25.047 reserve pits and tankage; 20 AAC 25.225 potential of gas wells; 20 AAC 25.245 common production facilities; 20 AAC 25.260 illegal production, 20 AAC 25.528 open pit storage of oil and 20 AAC 25.320 filing of forms.
Updated Bonding Requirements 20 AAC 25.025
EPA Memorandums of Agreement
Questions for AOGCC?
For general questions or data inquiries, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call (907) 279-1433.
For website questions or issues, email us at email@example.com.