Skip to content
Back to Top

Offices Closed to Public

The Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development offices are closed to the public at this time. We are still open for business and encourage you to contact us via phone or email.

Money Service Businesses

The Division of Banking and Securities registers, licenses, examines, and investigates complaints regarding money transmitters (wiring of funds); issuers of traveler's checks, money orders, or stored value cards; sellers or redeemers of traveler's checks, money orders or stored value cards; and currency dealers or exchangers. The Division ensures the compliance with the Alaska Uniform Money Services Act, while extending out to the community money service businesses of new requirements.

All licensing activity is done through the NMLS system.


Statutes & Regulations

Online Filing Systems/Regulatory Compliance

Consumer Information

Submit licensing inquiries to: