Skip to content
Back to Top

Consumer Finance

The Consumer Finance Section registers, licenses, examines, and investigates complaints regarding non-depository financial institutions including mortgage brokers, lenders, and originators as well as money service businesses that are money transmitters (wiring of funds); issuers of traveler's checks, money orders, or stored value cards; sellers or redeemers of traveler's checks, money orders or stored value cards; and currency dealers or exchangers.

The mortgage lending industry is regulated through the Alaska Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2010 (AS 06.60 & 3 AAC 14)

Money service businesses, also called money transmitters, are regulated through the Alaska Uniform Money Services Act (AS 06.55 & 3 AAC 13).