Skip to content
Back to Top

Big Game Commercial Services Board

The Big Game Commercial Services Board is staffed by the Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing.The Big Game Commercial Services Board consists of two licensed Registered Guide-Outfitters, two licensed Transporters, two private landholders, two public members, and one member from the Board of Game. Board members are appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Legislature.

Public Notice:

Emergency Regulations - Federal concession permits

On November 15, 2023, The Alaska Big Game Commercial Services Board adopted, as an emergency regulation, changes in 12 AAC 75.230 and 12 AAC 75.260. The adopted emergency regulations made changes to requirements for federal concession permits for guide-outfitters and master guide-outfitters. The emergency regulation took effect on November 27, 2023 and will expire March 25, 2024 unless made permanent by the Board.

The Board proposes to make the emergency regulation permanent

Proposed Regulation Changes: ( Written comments deadline: 4:30 p.m. on January 5, 2024 Please click HERE to see the filed emergency regulation proposed to be made permanent, the public notice, and finding of emergency.

It is Time to Renew Your License!

Click Here to Renew Online

Per 12 AAC 02.940(e), if you submit the renewal application and required renewal fee before December 31, 2023, your license will be extended for up to three months while your application is awaiting review to allow you to continue work. Please be aware, this extension may not appear until December 31 or January 1.

MY LICENSE Online Renewal

Please use our convenient MY LICENSE online renewal application. In most cases your license will be renewed immediately. Due to a heavy volume of renewal activities, processing time for renewal applications received by mail may take up to 4-6 weeks.

In order to receive communication via email, your email address of record must be current at all times. You may verify your current email address via the MY LICENSE self-service portal. If you are expecting communication from our office, please be sure to check your spam/junk mail folder.

If you have not registered, follow these simple steps:

  1. Visit the MY LICENSE customer home page at: ProfessionalLicense.Alaska.Gov/MYLICENSE
  2. If you have an existing myAlaska account, enter your account information. If not, please create an account. You will be redirected to the MY LICENSE customer home page.
  3. Under Access an Existing License, enter your license number and Web Authorization Code, if one has been provided. This information is on your renewal notice.
  4. To renew your license, simply select the license you wish to renew from the Professional Licensing section.

Valid License Numbers Contain Either:

6 numbers
4 letters + at least 1 number

If you have an alpha-numeric license number, you must enter all of the characters in order to renew online. EXAMPLE: ABCD1234

Hard Copy License Certificates Discontinued

The division has expanded our online services to allow licensees to download their own license certificates on demand. As a result, the division no longer mails hardcopy license certificates. The certificates will be located under the “initial application” and “renewal” events in the MY LICENSE account.

If you need guidance on how to set up or access your MY LICENSE account, you can access the MY LICENSE instructions here.

Regulated Professions

  • Assistant Guide
  • Class-A Assistant Guide
  • Master Guide-Outfitter
  • Registered Guide-Outfitter
  • Retired Guide-Outfitter
  • Transporter

Big Game Commercial Services Listserv Now Available!

Subscribe to the Alaska Big Game Commercial Services Board electronic mailing list and receive:

  • Meeting Notifications
  • Board Meeting Agendas
  • Notice of Proposed Changes to Regulations

You may cancel your subscription at any time. You are subscribing to a group email for informal communications.

Subscribe Now

Submitting Hunt Records

Please review your hunt records before submitting to ensure you are submitting the correct forms per 12 AAC 75.210. HUNT RECORD. (a) The hunt record required by AS 08.54.760 must be on a form provided by the department, titled Registered Guide-Outfitter Hunt Record, dated December 2017, and adopted by reference. The version dated December 2012 is no longer acceptable. The date can be found on the bottom of your hunt records. Please do not hesitate to contact the division if you need additional guidance.

Training Courses

  • Board-Approved Assistant Guide Training Courses:

Contact Information

Licensing Examiner
Phone: (907) 465-2525
Email: BigGameCommercialServicesBoard@Alaska.Gov
PO Box 110806
Juneau, AK 99811-0806

Thomas Bay, Executive Administrator
Phone: (907) 465-2543
Email: BigGameCommercialServicesBoard@Alaska.Gov
PO Box 110806
Juneau, AK 99811-0806