Skip to content
Back to Top

Offices Closed to Public

The Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development offices are closed to the public at this time. We are still open for business and encourage you to contact us via phone or email.


COVID-19 Outbreak Information

For the latest information on the COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) outbreak in Alaska, please visit

Find updates for your profession or business on the CBPL COVID-19 Information Page.

A Note from the Director...

The division is committed to serving our customers, and we are working to redirect our resources to maximize access to information during the COVID-19 public emergency. Some staff are currently telecommuting, so there may be an extensive delay in returning your call.

Here’s how to get help quickly:

  1. Check the CBPL COVID-19 Information Webpage.
  2. Check the appropriate program page for information.
  3. To receive the fastest reply to any questions, send an email to the appropriate program address. Click here for a list of programs and their email addresses.

Ensuring access to health care and keeping Alaska moving forward are our top priorities right now. Thank you for your patience, and stay safe.

Sara Chambers
Division Director

The Division investigates matters pertaining to business licenses, endorsements, and licensed professionals. Please be aware that not all issues will fall within our jurisdiction and you may have to contact other agencies for assistance. We encourage you to call our office prior to submitting a complaint to ensure that we are able to assist you. Check our Complaint FAQ for advice and answers to many questions about filing a complaint.

Businesses and Endorsements

If a business is operating without a business license, improperly licensed, or without the required endorsement, we may be able to assist you. To see if a business has a license and/or an endorsement, check our business license search.


If you would like to file a complaint against a licensed or unlicensed professional, please check the list of regulated professions to ensure the complaint falls within our jurisdiction.

To see if someone is professionally licensed or if an existing licensee has disciplinary action, you can use the professional license search. Disciplinary actions will be notated in the license detail.

Other Information

Special Note Regarding Landlords

This office cannot take action against landlords and/or property managers for contractual disputes such as security deposits, rent due, evictions, etc. Please view the Alaska Landlord & Tenant Act.

Investigative Process

Learn what happens after a complaint is filed:

To initiate a complaint against a business or professional, and to see if your complaint falls within our jurisdiction, fill out a request for contact form and submit it to our Anchorage office.

Contact Us

State of Alaska/DCCED
Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing
Investigations Section
550 West 7th Avenue, Suite 1500
Anchorage, AK 99501-3567
Phone: (907) 269-8124
Fax: (907) 269-8195