Skip to content
Back to Top

Alcohol & Marijuana Control Office

Hours of Operation:

Anchorage -   Beginning 11/27/2023, IN PERSON HANDLER PERMITS will be issued on Tuesday & Thursday 9am to 11am. AMCO will not be issuing in-person handler permits on 11/24/2023.

Please contact to schedule a permit application for in-person appointments outside of the walk in time Tuesday and Thursday between 9am to 11am. Scheduling MUST be 24 hours in advance. 

Items required to initiate and renew a Marijuana Handlers Card:

-Background Checks must be dated within 30 days of your submitted handler permit application, either in person or by mail-in.

-You must obtain background check from Department of Public Safety. DO NOT use myAlaska.

For mail-in applications please send all required documents to:
Alcohol and Marijuana Control Office
Attn: Handler Permits
550 West 7th Ave, Suite 1600
Anchorage, AK 99501

Marijuana Handler Permit Application

As of May 1, 2017, there will be a $50.00 fee for a replacement Marijuana Handler Permit Card under 3 AAC 306.100(e). Replacement Card Forms should also include a "Passport Style" Photo if mailing to the Anchorage office for processing.

Please read the "Marijuana Handler Permit Application Instructions" listed below for more detailed information on how to apply, office hours and locations, document submission and card issuance instructions.

Disqualifying Criminal History for Marijuana Handlers
  • Felony conviction in Alaska within the last five years;
  • Currently on parole for a felony conviction in Alaska;
  • Class A misdemeanor conviction involving a controlled substance other than a schedule VIA controlled substance, in Alaska within the last two years;
  • Class A misdemeanor conviction relating to selling, furnishing, or distributing marijuana, in Alaska within the last two years;
  • Currently under indictment for an offense listed above.

Controlled Substance Schedule

Marijuana Handler Permit Training

A marijuana establishment and each licensee, employee, or agent of the marijuana establishment who sells, cultivates, manufactures, tests, or transports marijuana or a marijuana product, or who checks the identification of a consumer or visitor, must obtain a marijuana handler permit from the board before being licensed or beginning employment at a marijuana establishment, per 3 AAC 306.700.

To obtain a marijuana handler permit, a person must first complete one of the following approved courses:

Marijuana Handler's Card
Kimberley Kole
Phone: (907) 727-6584

Fast Track Handler Permit Course
Fast-Track Certification Course AK
Phone: (907) 202-6328

Alaska Marijuana Handler Certification Course
Alaska Green Resources
Phone: (907) 252-8026

Alaska Marijuana Handler Online Certification Training
Marijuana Handlers
Phone: (907) 301-1365

Alaska Marijuana Institute Online Certification Course
Good Enterprises AK
Phone: (907) 250-7090

Cannabis Handler and Marijuana Professional Certification Course
Serious Circus, LLC
Phone: (907) 888-8436

Marijuana Handler Permit Instruction
R. L. Marcy
Phone: (907) 631-9518

Advanced Learning Management System
Medical Marijuana 411
Phone: 1-844-411-0500 ext. 814

Best Price Alaska Marijuana Handler Training
Phone: 1-888-344-5554

Alaska Marijuana Handler Permit Training
Phone: (605) 427-2000 and 1-800-247-7737

Alaska Marijuana Handler Certification
Green CulturED
Phone: (720)446-8847

American Cannabis Training Association - Alaska Marijuana Handler Certification Course
American Cannabis Training Association (ACTA)
Phone: (617)213-0439

360 Training
Phone: (877)881-2235

In Person Training
Midnight Greenery
Phone: (907) 727-2000

Marijuana Handler Permit Course Provider Application

Persons and entities seeking to have a marijuana handler permit education course approved by the Marijuana Control Board should first review and understand 3 AAC 306.700 and then complete the application below.

Marijuana Handler Permit Status

Please see link below to review the handler permit status for persons revoked, suspended, or expired.