Skip to content
Back to Top

Offices Closed to Public

The Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development offices are closed to the public at this time. We are still open for business and encourage you to contact us via phone or email.

Alcohol & Marijuana Control Office

Trade Practices

Importation for personal use

Alaska does not limit or tax alcoholic beverages brought into this state for personal use and not for resale. Out-of-state suppliers may ship alcoholic beverages to Alaska residents. Over 75 Alaska communities, have by local option, banned the importation or possession of alcoholic beverages. It may be a felony crime to ship alcoholic beverages to those communities. A list of those communities can be found on the Alcohol Local Option pages of this web site.

Importation for resale

Alaska does not regulate out-of-state suppliers. Only Alaska licensed wholesalers may import alcoholic beverages into Alaska for resale.
Alaska licensed wholesales are responsible for payment of state excise taxes and brand registration. Please contact the Department of Revenue for information regarding excise taxes.

The Department of Revenue publishes a monthly report of alcoholic beverages sold or delivered.