Skip to content
Back to Top

Alcohol & Marijuana Control Office

Mandatory Alcohol Server Course Providers

Persons and entities seeking to have an alcohol server education course approved by the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board should first review and understand AS 04.21.025 and 3 AAC 304.465 and then complete the application below.

Mandatory Alcohol Server Training

All servers of alcoholic beverages, their supervisors and persons providing security in licensed businesses must receive approved alcohol server training within thirty days of employment. Each server, supervisor or security person must renew their server training certification every three years. Persons may enroll in any one of the following approved courses by contacting the vendors:

  • TIPS® (Training for Intervention Procedures)
    Alaska Hospitality
    In-person classes only. Click here for current training schedule.
    Phone: 1-800-438-8477, ext. 357
  • Alaska Responsible Serving of Alcohol
    Online classes only. Click here to start your training today!
    Phone: 1-800-247-7737