Skip to content
Back to Top

Offices Closed to Public

The Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development offices are closed to the public at this time. We are still open for business and encourage you to contact us via phone or email.

Product-Specific Training

Producers and adjusters are required to complete product-specific training before transacting business involving the following insurance products.


You are required to hold a life line of authority and complete a one-time, four-hour annuity suitability course prior to selling, soliciting, or negotiating annuity products in Alaska.

You can satisfy Alaska's general annuity training requirements if have completed the training requirements in another state with substantially similar requirements. 

Course Requirements

The course must include the following topics: 

  • types of and various classifications of annuities
  • identification of the parties to an annuity
  • how fixed, variable, and indexed annuity contract provisions affect the consumer
  • application of income taxation of qualified and non-qualified annuities
  • primary uses of an annuity
  • sales practices, replacement, and disclosure requirements that are consistent with 3 AAC 26.7503 AAC 26.825

The course may not include: 

  • marketing information
  • sales techniques
  • specific information about a particular insurer’s products

Long-Term Care

One-time Course Requirements

You are required to hold a health line of authority and complete a one-time, eight credit hour course prior to selling, soliciting, or negotiating long-term care insurance in Alaska. 

You can satisfy Alaska's long-term care training requirements if you have completed the training requirements in another state that meet the requirements in AS 21.53.066(d).

Ongoing Requirements

Anyone who sells, solicits, or negotiates long-term care insurance is required to complete a four credit hour training course during each renewal cycle.


If you hold property and casualty authorities and are interested in selling flood insurance policies through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), you must meet the federal education requirement by completing NFIP Flood Insurance Training

This training may also count toward your continuing education requirement.