Skip to content
Back to Top

Business Licensing

Tobacco Endorsement FAQs

1. What if I want to sell cigarettes or tobacco products? 2. Do I need a Tobacco Endorsement if I only have a vending amchine selling tobacco products? 3. How do I add a Tobacco Endorsement to my business license? 4. Will Business Licensing statutes and Regulations permit a change in a Tobacco Endorsement on a business license? 5. What are my responsibilities for the sales of tobacco products? 6. What are the penalties for the improper sale of tobacco products? 7. What if I want to sell e-cigarettes, do I need a tobacco endorsement? 8. How are e-cigarettes and other products containing nicotine regulated? 9. What if I want to sell marijuana, do I need a tobacco endorsement? 10. Who regulates marijuana? 11. I have a complaint, what can I do?

This Division does not provide legal advice. The information contained within these webpages is provided for your convenience and is not to be interpreted as legal advice. It is your responsibility to know what your registering, reporting and filing requirements are based on your specific business activities. Not knowing what is expected of you may not preclude you from the legal obligation to meet these requirements and compliance with the law. You are encouraged to seek the advice of a professional, such as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Attorney if you need additional assistance.

      Contact Us
      Professional Licensing Section       Email: License@Alaska.Gov
      Corporations Section       Email: Corporations@Alaska.Gov
      Business Licensing Section       Email: BusinessLicense@Alaska.Gov