Skip to content
Back to Top

Construction Contractors FAQs

Information for Consumers

1.   What should I know before hiring a construction contractor? 2.   How do I know if a construction contractor is licensed and insured? 3.   What if who I am hiring is a "handyman"? 4.   How can I protect myself from home-improvement scams? 5.   What steps can I follow to ensure my home-improvement project is done correctly?

Information for Contractors

1. Do I need a construction contractor license? 2. I'm a handyman, do I need a professional license? 3. What are the amounts of bonding required of contractors? 4. How do I obtain a construction contractor license? 5. What are a contractor’s advertising requirements?