Skip to content
Back to Top

Regulation of Home Inspectors

The Division of Corporation and Professional Licensing staffs the home inspector program. The Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development adopts regulations to carry out laws governing home inspectors in Alaska. It makes final licensing decisions and takes disciplinary actions against people who violate licensing laws.

Home Inspectors must also obtain an Alaska Business License.

Employee Identification Numbers (EIN) may be obtained from the U.S. Department of Treasury, Internal Revenue Service. The form for obtaining an EIN number is form number SS-4 and can be downloaded from the IRS publications website.

Regulated Professions

  • Home Inspector
  • Associate Home Inspector

Areas Registered

  • New Homes Registration
  • Existing Homes Registration
  • Joint Registration (includes both)

Contact Information

Jerry Hannasch, Licensing Examiner
Phone: (907) 465-8443
Fax: (907) 465-2974
E-mail: HomeInspectors@Alaska.Gov
Address: PO Box 110806
Juneau, AK 99811-0806