Skip to content
Back to Top

Alaska State Board of Registration for Architects, Engineers, and Land Surveyors

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

General Questions

Can I pay application, examination, or registration fees by credit card? Yes.

Does my application have to be typed? Yes. Handwritten applications will not be accepted. The applications on the AELS web site are interactive. You must fill out the application, print it, sign it before a Notary Public, and mail it to the division along with the appropriate fees. The application can also be mailed to you upon request, or you can download it from the board’s web site in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format.

How do I apply for a temporary registration? Alaska has no provision for temporary registrations for architects, engineers, land surveyors or landscape architects.

How do I notify the office of a change of address? We must have a request for address change in writing. We will accept a fax, email, or written notice that comes directly from you. We cannot change an address via a telephone request.

Is it sufficient to have my application postmarked by the deadline date? No. The application must be RECEIVED IN THE JUNEAU OFFICE on or before the deadline date.

How do I obtain a copy of the ethical and professional conduct for architects, engineers, surveyors and landscape architects? The code of professional conduct can be found in the Alaska Administrative Code, 12 AAC 36.200 - .245. You can find a copy of the AELS’ Statutes and Regulations on this web site or contact the Juneau office for a copy of the booklet.

Registration Renewal Retired Status Corporation, Limited Liability Companies (LLC), and Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP) Engineers Architects Land Surveyors Landscape Archtiects